Answers to your frequently (and infrequently) asked questions.
- I think I need a lawyer. How do I start the process?
- What are your rates? How do you manage billing and payments?
- How should I prepare for my severance package review?
- What will the initial consultation look like?
- What is notice of termination?
- What is termination for cause?
- What is pay in lieu of notice or severance?
- What is a termination clause?
- What is a constructive dismissal?
- What is a wrongful dismissal?
- My severance offer has a deadline. What if I need more time?
- What can I do if I don’t want to accept the offer?
- Can I be dismissed even if I did nothing wrong?
- How much severance pay am I entitled to?
- I am a contractor. Can I be dismissed without notice?
- Can my company force me to resign?
- I resigned but now I regret it. Can I get my job back?
- Can a non-comp stop me from working if my employment ends?
- Are employees always entitled to a severance payment when their jobs are terminated?
- Does my company have to have written employment policies?
- Is it safer to use fixed term employees?
- How can employment agreements protect my business?